A Little Birdie Told Me~ July 19, 2012



I made this card for a friend of mine who recently told me that her and her husband are expecting their first child.  I'm so excited for them both!  I hope she doesn't see this post before she receives her card in the mail!

I wish I had the Stampin' Up! stamp set Swell News, but since I don't I looked to see what else I had that might work and I think I may have pulled it off with this birdie stamp set.

I stamped the bird onto a scrap piece of designer series paper and my card sort of went from there.  Since she doesn't know if the baby is a boy or girl just yet I wanted to use blue and pink on my card.  My birdie image layer was cut using the labels framelits and my celery designer paper behind my image was scored using my simply score tool and then folded.  I used tombow multi glue to adhere my certainly celery layer onto my white background layer.

I also added the small stamped flower and I placed it in the birdie's beak.  The flower was stamped, colored, and cut out.  I wanted to mention that I have dimensionals placed underneath my white image layer.  There's also a small dimensional under the small flower.

My background is embossed using my perfect polka dots embossing folder and I left part of the bottom unembossed so that I would have a spot to stamp the rest of my sentiment.  For my ribbon treatment I added a button with some twine tied through it and using a glue gun I glued it onto my ribbon knot.

Well, that's my second card for today, thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I'm doing pretty well with my 100 cards in 100 days challenge- I'm almost half way there!

*card #44 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  A Little Birdie Told Me
Card Stock:  White, Island Indigo, Pretty in Pink, Subltes Paper Stack- for certainly celery dsp
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Labels Collection Framelits, Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Gun, Simply Scoring Tool, Dimensionals, SU Markers, Scissors, Tombow Multi Glue
Technique:  Dry Embossing, Paper Piecing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

8 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty!

Jacqueline said...

I love your paper pieced birdie Patty - it's a very pretty card - Jacqueline xx

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Very pretty, Patty! I like the paper-pieced bird, how you incorporated the pink, blue, and green, and the scored panel beneath the image.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Perfect card for such good news!!!. Another neat and clean and beautiful card Patty!!!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Perfect card for such good news!!!. Another neat and clean and beautiful card Patty!!!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it!!! The hint of darker blue looks gorgeous with your pink and green--love that paper pieced birdie, too! :)

Heather B said...

Cute!!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Love the texture behind the image...but love the way the blus just pops this whole card!